Padma Awards are the Civilian Awards presented by the Government of India. They are basically to honour the contributions made to bring progress and development to the nation. They have three levels of acknowledgment known as Padma Vibushan, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Shri.
Gradually, these awards apply to any field. These are acknowledgments provided for the contribution or service done by the individuals and groups that benefit the nation and aid in the process of development and progress.
However, it is a great honour to present these Padma awardees from Karnataka who got honoured and acknowledged with the awards.
· Padma Vibhushan Awardees
- Shri S M Krishna – He received this honorary award in Public Affairs. He served the nation as Chief Minister of Karnataka from 1999 to 2004 and as Governor of Maharashtra from 2004 to 2008. In 2009, he served as Minister of External Affairs of India till October 2012.
· Padma Bhushan Awardees
- Shri S L Bhyrappa – He is a well-known novelist and screenwriter born in the year 1931. He received the respectful Padma Bhushan award for his works in Literature and Education. Besides, the themes of his novels revolve around ancient Indian literature and tradition. And it also comprises a connection to human behaviour and emotions.
- Ms. Sudha Murty – Is a well-known philosopher, educator, and people person. Also, she is known to be one of the personalities who believe in making the change rather than waiting for it. Therefore, her efforts at social work are acknowledged with the most honorary award Padma Bhusan.
· Padma Shri Awardees
- Shri Khadar Valli Dudekula – Is famously known as India’s Millet Man. In addition, he is an independent Scientist focusing on reviving five types of disappearing millets through jungle farming. And he is one of the Padma awardees acknowledged for his efforts in Science and Engineering field.
- Shri Nadoja Pindipapanahalli Munivenkatappa – A brilliant artist celebrated for his extraordinary art of playing a hand drum. He is popularly known as Tamate Master because of his incredible playing of Tamate. Moreover, he started playing the instrument at the age of 16, ingraining the skill from his father.
- Ms. Rani Machaiah – Popularly known as Ummathat ki Rani, Ms. Rani paved her way through the traditional folk dance of the Kodava District. She aims to preserve the traditional folk dance of her region from the danger of extinction. Therefore her efforts journey is acknowledged with Padma Shri, making her one of the Padma awardees.
- Shri Shah Rasheed Ahmed Quadri – A personality from Bidar known for the Bidri Art has been honoured for preserving the art and culture of the region. This Padma awardee was born in 1955 into an artisan family, immersed in art from a young age, and later evolved into a perfect artist.
- Shri S Subbaraman – This Padma awardee is a Retired Superintending Archaeological Chemist of the Archaeological Survey of India. In other words, he is an archaeologist. Moreover, he was honoured with Padma Shri for his findings in Ajanta Caves, Halebid Temple, and Afghanistan’s Bamiyan Buddha Statues.
On this special occasion of appreciation, we would like to introduce you to the Founder Chairman of Nagarjuna Construction Company Ltd. that is AVS Raju. He is an industrialist, writer and a profound individual. He was awarded Padma Shri in the year 2010 for his immense contribution in the field of Trade and Industry. Also, he has set a new Guinness World Record by writing the largest single volume biography – ‘Sri Sai Sudha Madhuri’ on the life of Sri Satya Sai Baba between 1996 & 2007.